if someone has a fucking phobia of something don’t be an asshole and play with their fear for your own amusementUNLESS IT’S HOMOPHOBIA. THEN YOU ACT AS NON-STRAIGHT AS YOU CAN AND WATCH THE BLOOD POUR OUT OF THEIR EYES
I’m all about wordplay, and I get the wordplay here (and I obviously support fucking with homophobes), but this is still derailing and inappropriate. no one who isn’t wildly ignorant thinks homophobia is a phobia.
- straight character: (checks out someones ass)
- straight character: (engages in superfluous romance)
- straight character: (has lots of casual sex)
- straight character: (oh shit a love triangle)
- straight audience:
- queer character: (expresses hints of attraction)
- straight audience: UGH why does EVERYTHING have to come down to their fucking sexuality?? it doesnt MATTER it should just be a NON-ISSUE
In other words, there are no “LGBT” presses, because they flat out rejected a “B” book as “we don’t know what to do with you.” This is why Gressive Press exists now, a new imprint of Circlet Press that exists to publish books that are off the binary poles. This is why we’re publishing BEST BI SHORT STORIES.
There are 8 days left to support the Best Bi Short Stories anthology! Kickstarter link: http://kck.st/1gKb0tm(via circletpress)